Standardization is an optimization technique used in all disciplines. In a purchasing context, “standardizing” means adopting common internal specifications or processes in order to optimize the price and consumption of externally available products and / or services.
How to proceed:
- Define standard and common components / processes for the entire organization
- Select components that match the standards available from the suppliers in your market and avoid the development of single specifications which usually generates a higher cost. Do not reinvent the wheel!
- Establish catalogs accessible to internal users, with item references accepted by the organization from pre-approved suppliers.
Main benefits of standardization:
- Reduced technical complexity, which positively impacts product / service costs and simplifies maintenance activities
- Improved production and quality indicators
- Economies of scale due to the consolidation and massification of purchases
To know more, our team of advisors can guide you!